Boston-area high school students can explore future career directions first hand through a custom internship designed to explore a variety of future careers.
Participating in an internship is one of the best ways for students in high school and college to try on a career and gain work experience. An internship can either confirm a career interest or lead a student in a new direction.
The Education Cooperative (TEC) Internship Program is a selective career exploration placement program supporting junior and senior high school students in the Boston Metrowest area. Through the years we have developed outstanding relationships with highly sought after businesses, organizations and public sector employers.
Through TEC's internship program, students will benefit by...
- Clarifying career goals and future academics
- Understanding what having a job is really like
- Strengthening a college application and/or resume
- Gaining confidence and life skills
- Making potential contacts for a future job search
Internships are what you make of them. It’s not a Job, It’s an Education.
TEC offers internships in traditional careers such as Finance, Engineering, Journalism, Marketing, etc. as well as other less-explored careers.
Summer Signature Internship Program
- 4 consecutive weeks
- average 15 hours each week
- 2 - 3 days each week
- 60 hours total
High School Internships are UNPAID:
- Students may receive credit for their participation from their individual school. Credit is determined by the school the student attends.
- A certificate of successful completion is awarded to each participating student and a letter stating the student's participation is sent to each student's counselor/advisor once all requirements of the internship are fulfilled.
- Letters of recommendation may also be provided to each intern by their internship mentor.
Cost and Session Information
For Summer 2017, registration opens January 16th and closes April 14th, 2017.
Summer Internships 60-hours:
$850 for students who attend school in TEC member districts*.
$950 for students who attend schools in Non-TEC member districts and all college students.
* TEC districts: Canton, Dedham, Dover-Sherborn, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Medfield, Millis, Natick, Needham, Norwood, Walpole, Wayland, Westwood.