Spanish Studies Abroad: Summer Term in Puerto Rico consists of an intensive beginning Spanish language program and/or sessions for advanced Spanish students in June and July. Students enroll in classes at the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón while discovering the culture and people of Puerto Rico.
In the Intensive Language Program, students take one 3-credit language course per term and have the option of taking a history course in English for an additional 3 credits. Advanced students in the Integrated Program select one or two courses from a variety of disciplines and may also choose to participate in an internship or service learning opportunity during their summer term.
Students may enroll in either Summer Term 1 or 2, or enroll in both terms for a 7-week-long immersive experience on the island.
The Spanish Studies Resident Director and staff guide you through this process of discovery by regular contact with Spanish Studies students and organizing special cultural activities.
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Classes held Monday through Friday
- Intensive Spanish courses for beginners and for advanced students of Spanish
- Study visits included in program fees
- 3-6 semester credits per term
- No Spanish required for the Intensive Language Program, and 4 semesters of college Spanish required for the Integrated Program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA overall required
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old before program begins
- Enrollment in individual courses, especially language courses, may have additional prerequisites