Space Academy is a six-day, five-night adventure for 12-14 year olds.
Advanced Space Academy is a six-day, five-night adventure for 15- 18 year olds.
Space Academy® trainees experience first-hand the future of space travel, and train to solve technically challenging anomalies in order to complete their space mission. They practice clear communication through activities in the Underwater Astronaut Trainer, and put engineering skills to the test as they construct an ablative shield during our Thermal Design Challenge.
- Launch on missions to the International Space Station, the moon or Mars!
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer.
- Design, build and launch a team rocket.
- Learn teambuilding skills on the Low Elements Ropes Course and in one of our water facilities!
- Put your creative thinking skills to work in our engineering design challenges!
- Hear the inspiring stories of commercial pioneers like Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX!
Advanced Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy® explores college- and career preparation through an immersive experience in science, technology, engineering and math. Trainees undergo a variety of astronaut training exercises, engineering challenges, and teambuilding activities, all culminating in an extended-duration simulated space mission.
- Prepare for every contingency as you go to Mars on an extended-duration mission simulation!
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer. Design, build and launch a team rocket, and safely recover its payload.
- Learn teambuilding skills on the High Elements Ropes Course. Experience neutral buoyancy while SCUBA diving in the Underwater Astronaut Trainer! (Pending physician approval) SCUBA form.
- Test your skills in our Engineering Challenges by constructing a heat shield and building a Rover.
- Fly jet aircraft simulators!
- Discover the role the International Space Station plays in our global community.
- Earn one credit hour of freshman-level general science from University of Alabama in Huntsville in this college-accredited program!