C.H.A.M.P./Gear Up is a pre-college program designed to encourage and support 7th-12th grade students to improve their performance in school and prepare to attend college, by providing mentoring, tutoring, counseling, trips and various enrichment activities.
The Creating Higher Aspirations & Motivation Project/Gaining Early Awareness for Undergraduate Programs (C.H.A.M.P./Gear Up) is a pre-college program funded in part by Rowan University, The New Jersey Higher Education, The U.S. Department of Education, and The Camden City Board of Education.
- Public Speaking
- Computer Technology
- Educational Workshops
- Environmental Science
- Career Development Academic and Social Activities
Additional notes about the program:
- The program runs Monday-Thursday
- Transportation provided
- Meals provided
- Mandatory parent/student orientation in June
- Six weeks participation is mandatory
- A stipend will be provided upon successful completion of the program