Experience college life at Northwestern University this summer in the College Prep Program. High school sophomores and juniors can earn college credit in undergraduate classes or take a two-week seminar at the university ranked #9 nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
Northwestern's College Prep Program is a wonderful way to gain insight into the college life. If you choose to take classes for college credit, you will not be disappointed in the array of undergraduate courses offered. These classes come with high expectations, commitment, and involvement, as they are taught by our Northwestern college professors. They look forward to sharing knowledge and space with you in classes that you are passionate about!
If you choose to enroll in Northwestern's College Prep Program, you will be able to participate in IN FOCUS Seminars. These seminar-style courses are focused on relevant issues. Faculty will lead the seminar through discussion, readings and study, enabling a rich learning experience for interested students. These seminars are not for college credit and will therefore require less time commitment than the other coureses. However, these seminars will still appear on your transcript.
Cost and Session Information
Courses for College Credit
- The program begins on Sunday, June 23, 2019 with an orientation. Program length is determined by the length of the courses you choose.
- Courses range from three-week intensive courses in the sciences or languages, and four to eight weeks for most other courses.
- Upon completion, you will receive an official college transcript that can be transferred to undergraduate programs at many other universities.
- *Please note that the College Prep Program can provide housing for Residential Students up to six weeks only. Students must be commuters for the eight-week undergraduate courses and three three-week intensive course sequences.
Total Cost for 1 College Credit Course: $5,253
IN FOCUS Seminars
- Residential Option: $3,427
- Commuter Option: $2,500
- Three Weeks: $1,410
- Four Weeks: $1,893
- Five Weeks: $2,376
- Six Weeks: $2,859
Scholarship Deadline: March 1, 2019
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded only to domestic students who are currently in their junior year, demonstrate financial need, and hold strong academic and extracurricular achievement.