Could you ever imagine spending half an hour looking at one work of art? Are you interested in how MFAH collections and computer programming relate? Check out hang@MFAH (Houston Art New Generation at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston), the Museum's teen leadership group!
Hang@MFAH is for motivated high school teens who are interested in everything from talking about art to videogame hacking. Throughout the year, hang@MFAH members spend time with a mentor artist in the galleries to discuss works of art and explore concepts through analog and digital tools to develop creative and critical thinking skills.
Meet-ups are designed for teens who are hungry to learn more about art in an atmosphere that encourages dialogue and asking questions. Hang@MFAH members organize teen-focused events, produce new ways to see the MFAH collections for their peers, and explore careers in museums through specialized opportunities. Hang@MFAH is by application only.
Hang@MFAH is looking for high school teens (age 15–18) who are:
• Intellectually curious about art You are open to exploring different perspectives and modes of art making.
• Problem-solvers You like being challenged with new ideas and willing to go out on a limb with a theory or project.
• Team players We want you to share your ideas, opinions, and learn from your peers and MFAH mentors.
• Dreamers You embrace the idea that most anything is possible.
• Doers You also realize that dreams are no good without hard work and tenacity.
• Reliable You just do what you say you will do.
? E-mail email@example.com for an application.