High achieving high school students who wish to enrich their education with undergraduate courses can apply to the Hi-Jump program at Montclair State University. Through this early college program students can earn college credit and get a taste of college life.
Hi-Jump students may enroll in up to two courses each semester. Students typically register for introductory courses (100 and 200 level courses) that do not require prerequisites. If they wish to enroll in courses with prerequisites, they are required to take the Montclair State University Placement Test (MSUPT) prior to registering for course work. MSUPT arrangements can only be made after the student is accepted into the program.
Cost and Session Information
In order to be considered for admission to the program, you will need to submit:
- A completed application. (Hi-Jump Application) A $25 application fee made payable to Montclair State University
- An official high school transcript (to be sent by your guidance counselor)
- A strong letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor that speaks to your ability to perform at the college level.
We review each application individually; however, when considering an applicant for Hi-Jump Admission, certain minimum standards are followed. Strong candidates for admission generally meet the following criteria:
- A 3.5 GPA in subject area relevant to courses you are applying for.
- An overall GPA of 3.5 or greater.
Hi-Jump students are considered “special visiting students” and must follow these procedures for each semester they wish to enroll. Once accepted into the program, a letter of acceptance will be mailed out with instruction and information on registration. Courses offered are based on space available basis. Please note priority registration is given to current matriculated full time college students.