Spend a fun-filled week next summer exploring theatre, piano, chamber music or band music at four camps sponsored by Lawrence Academy of Music. All music camps are held on the Lawrence University campus in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- "Showing Off" High School Musical Theatre Camp - In our one-week day camp for budding Broadway stars, teachers Carol Jegen and Corrie Kovacs will teach middle and high school students how to make the most of their abilities. Areas of study include: good singing technique, healthy belting, picking material, acting the story of the song, bringing the song to life, research tools, knowing your type, movement for the song, and musical theatre movement/dance. Students will have group classes as well as individual coaching.
- Piano Odyssey Camp - Piano Odyssey day camp is for the motivated student of piano who wishes to explore the instrument in greater depth. Classes are taught by skilled teachers in a setting designed to foster self-confidence, creativity and understanding of the piano. Daily session include music theory and duet practice. Many other specialized sessions occur during the week and include improvisation, stage presence and more! Students are grouped according to age for most activities. Each day includes swimming or other recreational activities. A free, final recital presented on Friday is open to all families.
- Chamber Music Odyssey Camp - Chamber Music Odyssey day camp is for motivated string students looking to broaden their musical experiences by exploring the exciting world of chamber music. Small groups of intermediate and advanced players delve into the repertoire and techniques of chamber music literature. Ensembles are formed based on age, ability, experience and instrumentation to ensure skill-level compatibility. Classes are taught by skilled teachers in a setting designed to foster musical creativity, self-confidence and the ability to make music with others. Each day includes swimming or other recreational activities. A free final "informance" presented on Friday is open to all families.
- Band Camp (residential) - This residential camp is for middle school and high school wind and percussion instrumentalists. Students perform in a band, study with faculty from the Lawrence Academy of Music and Lawrence University Conservatory of Music, attend concerts and recitals, and enjoy recreational activities on campus. A day at camp includes two band rehearsals, a music theory, small group instruction, an arts-related class (in the past beginning guitar, composition, instant musical theatre, jazz ensemble and world dance were offered), a rehearsal with the camp choir (instrumentalists are able to sing as well as play) and a recreation period. Students are housed in Lawrence University residence halls, have meals at the Warch Campus Center, and may participate in activities such as swimming, tennis and volleyball, both outdoors and in the Buchanan-Kiewit Wellness Center. Each evening features a performance: a guest ensemble, recitals, exploration night, and talent night. The Finale Concert in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel on Saturday features all bands and the choir. An auditioned recital of student-prepared solos is presented Thursday evening.
- "Beginning Broadway" Middle School Musical Theatre Camp (afternoons only) - see description Showing Off" High School Musical Theatre Camp above.