KE offers novel, exciting and stimulating programs to students who like to be challenged intellectually and creatively. They’re specially designed for students considering their options for study abroad, university or college – whether in an English-speaking country, or elsewhere.
- Offered in the UK (July), the USA (July), the USA with Canada (July-August), Australia or New Zealand (mainly January, mainly for groups)
- Run for two weeks or three weeks during university vacations
- Generally multi-centre
Each programme has a number of different courses (one per week) and special features unique to KE.
Details of our dates and fees for 2018 are available here. To encourage early enrolments, we’re offering a 5% discount on all fees received by February 1, 2018.
- Last for one week as part of a two-week or three-week program
- 16 hours of classroom tuition, plus homework/project work
- Small classes – maximum: 15 students, usually far fewer
Week 1 course (the order in which the courses are taken may vary)
‘Skills for Learning’– choose one of these, dependent on your interest and level of English
- Critical thinking
- SAT and ACT preparation (USA only)
- English for academic purposes (EAP) (other countries)
- Practice for TOEFL (USA) or IELTS (other countries)
Week 2 course
Specialist subject – choose one of these:
- Creative arts
- Economics, business & entrepreneurship
- Engineering & technology
- Law, society & international relations
- Medical sciences & psychology
Week 3 course (3-week programmes)
The special features – included on every program
- Preparation for university entrance – an overview of the national education system, with practice in drafting personal statements and attending interviews
- Study visits – visits to famous cities, with a choice between visiting a top university and a place of cultural interest, followed by general sightseeing (each visit is preceded by a seminar about the places you’ll be seeing)
- Student mentors – carefully selected students from the universities visited introduce you to life there
- Tutorials – weekly meetings in a small group
- News reviews – a 30-minute look at the daily news
- Special meals, with dining & etiquette – formal dinner (UK/USA), afternoon tea (UK), preceded by a seminar on ‘dining and etiquette’
- Local sports and pastimes – e.g. cricket, croquet, punting, baseball, golf
- Presentations – student presentations at the end of each program
With KE, you have the opportunity to live and study on the campuses of some of the leading universities in the English-speaking world, including:
USA: University of Massachusetts, Santa Clara University. Visits to New York, Boston and San Francisco.
Canada: Toronto and Calgary, and with a 3-to-4-day tours in Montreal or Vancouver.
Australia: Queensland, Melbourne. Shorter stays in Sydney and Canberra.
New Zealand: Visit all eight universities, and see the country from north to south.
Cost and Session Information
KE Programmes - 2018
(All fees are quoted and payable in local currency)
UK1 Monday, July 2-Monday, July 16; Cambridge & Durham: (GBP)£3,150
UK2 Monday, July 9-Monday, July 30; Cambridge, St. Andrews & Durham: (GBP)£4,250
UK3 Monday, July 16-Monday, July 30; Durham & Cambridge: (GBP)£3,150
UK4 Monday, July 16-Monday, July 30; Cambridge & St. Andrews: (GBP)£3,150
US1 Monday, July 9-Monday, July 23; East Coast (University of Massachusetts):(USD)$4,350
US2 Monday, July 9-Monday, July 30; 2 weeks East & 1 week West: (USD)$6,350
US3 Monday, July 16-Monday, July 30; West Coast (Santa Clara University): (USD)$4,350
CA1 Monday, July 23-Thursday, August 2: East (University of Toronto, plus tour): (CAD)$3,350
CA2 Monday, July 23-Thursday, August 12; East & West – complete programme:(CAD)$6,650
CA3 Monday, August 2-Thursday, August 12; West (University of Calgary, plus tour):(CAD)$3,350
USA and Canada Combine the two! Various combinations are possible (e.g., one week or two weeks in the USA, then a Canadian programme). Simply add the fees together: one week in the USA: USD$ 2,175