This summer at John Brown University, you have an opportunity to explore the world of engineering with JBU's excellent engineering professors! Not sure if engineering is for you? Come to the Summer Engineering Academy and dig into all things engineering!
You might be thinking, "why should I do the Engineering Academy?" Here are 5 reasons you should definitely join us:
- Develop skills with robotics, programming, solar cells, computer aided design, 3D printing, and more.
- Explore engineering as a career choice through hands-on project design, building, and testing.
- Learn how Christian principles relate to engineering and teamwork.
- Develop relationships with JBU engineering professors, JBU engineering students, and fellow campers.
- Have fun while learning about engineering and enjoying evening activities and field trips.
Choose from one of two tracks: Renewable Energy or Biomedical. Both tracks will teach common engineering principles.
The Renewable Energy Track will highlight applications to both renewable energy and traditional power generation. You will have an opportunity to experience photovoltaic modules, electrical circuits, biomass generators, batteries, and more.
The Biomedical Track will highlight mechanical and electrical engineering applications to medical technology. You will develop skills with programming, robotics, computer aided design, 3D printing, and more.
Both tracks will include hands-on project design, building, and testing. You will learn how Christian principles relate to engineering and teamwork, and enjoy evening activities and field trips together with the other students. Students entering 10th or 11th grade will be given priority in being accepted.
Who should register?
High school students (10th-12th graders as of Fall 2016) interested in learning about engineering.
How do I register?
Check out website for more information on the registration process!