BASE Camp (Broadening Access to Science Education) is designed to engage high school, female students in hands-on, research-based experiences in the natural sciences and mathematics, in an effort to inform and excite students about the process of science.
- Hands-on work with female faculty members and students on real scientific research projects
- A fun residential experience in Fairfield University dorms
- Opportunities to explore health-care careers including field trips to the UConn Health Center
- Tailored college admissions counselingFinal poster presentations/celebration with family, friends, and the University community
- Web-based resources for students exploring scientific careers
- A Certificate of participation in the BASE Science Camp