Through Maker Centers and Simulations, you will gain hands-on experience with state-of-the-art technology while applying your engineering skills and creativity to help solve real-world problems. This allows you to leave the program with a clearer vision of your future career path and how to achieve your goals.
What you will Learn
- Why the core principles of engineering and problem-solving are critical to innovation and success in the 21st century
- Information about the vast array of engineering and technology professions to help you make informed choices about your future career path
- How to incorporate the full scope of the design thinking process while constructing low-cost solutions that also help achieve the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals
What you will Experience
- Life on the campus of a top-ranked engineering school and college-level curriculum designed in collaboration with faculty from Villanova University’s College of Engineering
- Interacting with industry professionals from various engineering and technology fields during the Afternoon with the Experts panel and networking event
- Programming a microprocessor to fly a model helicopter during the Helicopter Electronics Workshop developed by Andrew Barry, Ph.D., MIT Graduate and Founder of Stage One Education
- Maker Center challenges, such as designing a:
- Wing spar for an experimental jet aircraft capable of supporting the lift and drag loads experienced during flight
- Lower leg prosthesis that limits deflection using end point loading and simulates actual movement, allowing the recipient to lead a normal life
- Support structure for an observation walkway capable of safely reaching out 30 feet beyond the edge of the Grand Canyon
- Cantilever drive shaft for a race car capable of transmitting extreme horsepower with minimal loss
- Applying your engineering skills to make a real-world difference
As part of the enrollment process you will be asked to fill out a short application to confirm your program eligibility.