Spend ten amazing days on the campus of the renowned Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Explore a variety of specialized medical fields through hands-on curriculum, including true-to-life simulations, interactive site visits and speaker events.
Interactive Site Visits:
- University of Maryland (UMD): Experience the medical school environment first-hand and learn what it takes to succeed in the fields of medicine and health care. Meet with real medical students and gain a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of pursuing a career in medicine. Gather information to help you make informed college choices based on academics and culture, and learn what makes an attractive application.
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the UMD Medical Center: Take a guided visit to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland (UMD) Medical Center, where you will see aspects of a working trauma care facility — from the helipad to the active trauma ward.
- UMD School of Medicine's Gross Anatomy Lab: Experience UMD School of Medicine's Gross Anatomy Lab through hands-on guided examinations led by current medical students, where you will have the unprecedented opportunity to get up close and personal with real human organs.
- Virtual Reality: Perform a bone fracture procedure through a virtual reality simulation designed to train you on the same cutting-edge technology used by medical schools and top clinical research centers around the world.
- Apprentice Doctor: Suturing & Fracture Reduction Workshops:
- Learn basic principles of wound care, practice surgical knot tying techniques, and then perform a simulated fracture reduction of a long bone, from scrub and site preparation to fracture fixation and surgical wound closure, just like med students experience and practice.
- Standardized Patient Encounter: Take on the role of a physician and the challenge of diagnosing a patient as you interact with actors who portray symptoms of a simulated patient.
Enrich Your Envision Experience - City Adventures: Washinton, DC
After completing the program, you have the opportunity to enhance your Envision experience by participating in City Adventures: Washington, DC, where you will make new memories while exploring all that the nation’s capital has to offer. You may sign up for City Adventures: Washinton, DC during the enrollment process.
Cost and Session Information
We accept applications from self-starters and encourage all students (entering grades 10-12 grade next fall) with an interest in a medical career to apply.
Tuition for this 8-day residential NYLF Medicine Program at the University of Maryland is $3845 and session dates are June 15-24, July 3-July 12, and July 14-23, 2019.
The application process includes writing two short essays and providing the name of a teacher or mentor who can speak to your achievements and maturity and who may be contacted to provide supporting information.
To learn more about our acceptance criteria and other relevant application information, please visit our Admissions page.
Participant ReviewsWrite a Review
This program hasn't been reviewed yet. Write the first review!
The Envision Advanced Medicine & Health Care program has given me a broader view into medicine and college life. I was able to be provided with an understanding of the career of medicine, which I would not be given in high school.