Spend ten amazing days on the campus of the renowned Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Explore a variety of specialized medical fields through hands-on curriculum, including true-to-life simulations, interactive site visits and speaker events.
Interactive Site Visits:
- University of Maryland (UMD): Experience the medical school environment first-hand and learn what it takes to succeed in the fields of medicine and health care. Meet with real medical students and gain a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of pursuing a career in medicine. Gather information to help you make informed college choices based on academics and culture, and learn what makes an attractive application.
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the UMD Medical Center: Take a guided visit to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland (UMD) Medical Center, where you will see aspects of a working trauma care facility — from the helipad to the active trauma ward.
- UMD School of Medicine's Gross Anatomy Lab: Experience UMD School of Medicine's Gross Anatomy Lab through hands-on guided examinations led by current medical students, where you will have the unprecedented opportunity to get up close and personal with real human organs.
- Virtual Reality: Perform a bone fracture procedure through a virtual reality simulation designed to train you on the same cutting-edge technology used by medical schools and top clinical research centers around the world.
- Apprentice Doctor: Suturing & Fracture Reduction Workshops:
- Learn basic principles of wound care, practice surgical knot tying techniques, and then perform a simulated fracture reduction of a long bone, from scrub and site preparation to fracture fixation and surgical wound closure, just like med students experience and practice.
- Standardized Patient Encounter: Take on the role of a physician and the challenge of diagnosing a patient as you interact with actors who portray symptoms of a simulated patient.
Enrich Your Envision Experience - City Adventures: Washinton, DC
After completing the program, you have the opportunity to enhance your Envision experience by participating in City Adventures: Washington, DC, where you will make new memories while exploring all that the nation’s capital has to offer. You may sign up for City Adventures: Washinton, DC during the enrollment process.
Participant ReviewsWrite a Review
This program hasn't been reviewed yet. Write the first review!
The Envision Advanced Medicine & Health Care program has given me a broader view into medicine and college life. I was able to be provided with an understanding of the career of medicine, which I would not be given in high school.