This program runs July 1-30, 2021.
Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture for 4 weeks this July and learn how to make a sustainable impact within a community.
Though small in size and population, this Central American nation holds great significance on the global stage. About 5% of the world’s biodiversity resides in Costa Rica, making it a critical site for conservation efforts.
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and learn about the social, economic and historical context around its structural issues.
- Collaborate with an after school program, assist with sea turtle conservation and coastal management, and promote sustainable community development in partnership with local NGOs.
- Learn about positive leadership, design your own life plan, and receive a certificate from the University for Peace.
- Explore the Santa Elena Cloud Forest—a rainforest canopy teeming with rare tropical flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth.
- Elect to earn three semester hours of credit through our educational partnership with Southern New Hampshire University.
Cost and Session Information
Included in the fee: One-on-one mentorship and travel support before and during your program, round-trip flights and local transfers to each stop in your itinerary, many meals and accommodations, guided service learning projects, recreational outings, and tours.