Duke TIP works with academically gifted students, their families, and educators to identify, recognize, and support students as they reach their highest potential. TIP provides two talent searches and a variety of academic programs for grades four through twelve, including in-person and online options.
TIP's offerings include:
- the 4th–6th Grade Talent Search that offers the PSAT 8/9 as an optional above-level test, fun educational enrichment resources, and access to learning programs
- the 7th Grade Talent Search, which includes the opportunity to take the ACT or SAT, specialized publications, and college prep advice
- Academic Adventures (grades 4–6): intensive, interactive one-day courses held during the academic year and exploring topics not typically covered in school
- CRISIS (grades 5–6): a week-long residential program that applies problem-based learning to a hypothetical community crisis
- eInvestigators (grades 4–6): a month-long online program where students solve a real-world mystery while they develop their research skills and learn online best practices
- eStudies (grades 7–11): an innovative, seven-week summer program that lets gifted students take rigorous courses in small online classes offering personal attention from expert instructors and frequent peer-to-peer interaction
- Field Studies (grades 9–12): two-week summer programs for older gifted students that offer hands-on, real-world experience in a variety of disciplines, allowing them to explore potential careers or college majors while studying at unique locations or with cutting-edge resources
- Scholar Weekends (grades 7–11): a weekend-long program takes place during the academic year and lets teenage scholars explore exciting new subjects in depth while evaluating their potential college majors alongside other gifted students
- Summer Studies (grades 7–10): renowned three-week summer programs that provide gifted students with advanced academic study and dynamic residential programming at college campuses across the country
Some programs require qualifying scores or membership in a TIP talent search. View additional information on the TIP website.