The Spanish Studies Abroad Seville Summer Term comprises two 3 1/2 week terms offering an intensive academic experience with a rich cultural component. Students live in Spanish homes and participate in a full array of study tours, cultural events, and social activities.
All courses (with the exception of The Psychology of Learning a Second Language) are taught in Spanish by highly qualified Spanish university professors with extensive experience in teaching American students. An oral and written Spanish language placement test is given during orientation each to enable students to work at his or her level of proficiency. The Director uses this test in conjunction with the student's previous experience to advise which course best suits their individual needs.
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced level courses available
- Classes meet Monday through Friday for a total of 60 contact hours
- Average class size: 10-12
- 4-6 credits per term
- Graduate credit is available for certain courses; contact the U.S. office for further details.
- Prerequisite for Elementary Courses: There is no requirement for 101S; for 102S the prerequisite is the completion of the first semester of elementary Spanish at the college level, or the equivalent.
- Prerequisite for Intermediate Courses: Two semesters or the completion of elementary college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Prerequisite for Advanced courses: 4 semesters or the completion of intermediate college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- 3.0 overall GPA required
- Some courses may have additional prerequisites