For the Summer of 2019 we are offering the following programs: the Summer Writing Program, Summer Quantitative Reasoning Institute, Summer Computer Science Institute, and Summer Humanities Institute.
Are you interested in participating in a unique and challenging pre-college experience? If so, The Summer Academic Programs at Carleton College is just what you're looking for. We offer programs in writing, computer science, immigration and international policies, and history. Our rigorous curriculum and research opportunities give students a true college experience working with Carleton faculty. Participants will rotate through three, one week courses which focus on important concepts in the field of the faculty member in order to gain a deeper understanding about interrelation of the specific fields.
During the three-week program students will also have the opportunity to work in a collaborative research project with peers and Carleton College faculty members. At the end of their three-week program students will have the opportunity to present their research in traditional and multimedia formats. Also, students will have the opportunity to participate in forums and informal discussions about emerging questions in current issues, science, ethics, public policy, social justice, and other topics of interest. That's not all! The true Carleton experience includes living on campus, exploring the local community, and building relationships with fellow students!
Topic Areas in 2018 included:
- Quantitative Reasoning Institute - Political Science, Psychology, Labor Inequality, Models of Conflict
- Computer Science Institute - Robotics, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Digital Musical Instrument Design, 2D Graphics and Animation
- Humanities Institute - English Literature and Shakespeare's Rome, Machiavelli and Renaissance Italy, Art History and Maps
Cost and Session Information
The tuition for each program is listed below. Those costs are all inclusive covering the expenses for the student’s room, board, books, supplies, and trips off campus. The only additional costs for student would be airport transportation as it is an optional fee and therefore can not be included in tuition.
· Summer Writing Program - July 7- 26, 2019 ($3,250)
· Summer Quantitative Reasoning Institute - July 7 - July 26, 2019 ($3,250)
· Summer Computer Science Institute - July 14 - August 2, 2019 ($3,895)
· Summer Humanities Institute - July 14 - August 2, 2019 ($3,250)
We offer both need and merit-based scholarships for students applying to our programs. See the scholarship page for more information on scholarships and the requirements.