The Carleton Liberal Arts Experience (CLAE) program at Carleton College introduces the strengths of a liberal arts education through an array of courses in science, art, social sciences, and technology.
Carleton College is honored to host an inspiring summer program designed for the best and brightest college-bound students representing high schools across the country. The Carleton Liberal Arts Experience (CLAE) will select 50 high school students who have just completed their sophomore year and bring them to Carleton, all expenses paid, for a one-week summer program. The CLAE program introduces the strengths of a liberal arts education through an array of courses in science, art, social sciences, and technology. Past course offerings included:
- DNA Fingerprinting: The Science of Forensics
- Write Your Way In: Strategies for Success on Your College Application
- Economics: Tools for Business, Public Policy and Life
- The Achievement Gap
- Religion and the Black Freedom Struggle
- Motown and American Culture
In addition, workshops are offered to assist participants with their high school and college careers. Past workshop offerings have included:
- ACT & SAT Preparation
- Keys to Getting Into College: What You Need to Know about the Application Process and Financial AidEligibility
Eligibility: Students of African American descent or students who have an interest in African American culture are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be college-bound high school students who are current sophomores.