- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Yo! Basecamp has realized that kids gain more than just climbing skills when attending a camp; they have meaningful experiences connecting with their peers in a technology-free, pressure-free world called Nature. And because they are on Nature's time for a week, the memories stick.
So you've caught the climbing bug and want to immerse yourself in the wonderful world of outdoor rock climbing. We've been running this premier camp for over 13 years and can almost guarantee you'll have a week of climbing that you will never forget. In this sport it's extremely important to build a strong foundation of skills, on which your judgment in the future will be based. At this camp we teach you the nuts and bolts of how to be safe at a climbing site, how to place gear, how to build your own anchor, and how to rappel. We pride ourselves on our excellent instruction, telling you why something is done the way it is and showing you how to do it simply and correctly -- from knot-tying to rappelling.