Yale Young Global Scholars invites students from over 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states to spend two weeks at Yale University attending an academic session of their choice.
Innovations for Science & Technology (IST) is designed for students interested in exploring a wide variety of biological, physical, and applied science topics by applying scientific principles to real-world problems.
IST students explore interdisciplinary scientific fields such as physics, molecular biology chemistry, biochemistry, astronomy, engineering, neuroscience, immunology, psychology and earth science. This session challenges students to examine the world as scientists as they gain exposure to a wide array of biological, physical and applied sciences topics. The session builds students’ critical thinking and analytical skills, while simultaneously stressing the importance of collaboration and teamwork, thereby training students to become more impactful scientists.
Sample Seminar Offerings
- Building a Better Human? Exploring Transhumanism
- Introduction to Extragalactic Astrophysics
- Disease Hunters: Predicting Endemics Before They Occur
- CRISPR: Cas9 and the Microbiome
- Diets of the Future: Sustaining Ourselves and a Dying Earth
- The Future of Mental Health Diagnoses and Treatments
Is IST a Good Fit for Me?
If you are intrigued by any of the following questions, then this session is a great choice:
- How do we go about finding new planets, and could they sustain human life?
- Why are certain drugs more effective than others?
- Can we use observations from nature to improve how we design products and buildings
- Can organisms be engineered to serve specific purposes?
- How can we best mitigate human pollution in the atmosphere, oceans, and soil?
YYGS will host residential sessions for June & July 2023. Please visit our website for updated details regarding COVID-19 policies.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
YYGS provides over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students that covers partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to 100% of tuition), as well as scholarships that cover travel assistance.