From the novels that keep us reading into the night, to short stories that distill the best of writing into a snapshot, fiction takes many forms but is connected by craft elements: mood and tone, conflict and narrative arc, backstory and imagery, among others. Whether you are an aspiring novelist or flash fiction fan, Write the World's Fiction Writing Camp will allow you to explore fiction writing by engaging in activities designed to deepen your craft...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Category: Academic
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19
- Credit Awarded: No
Complete Your College Essay is an online, on-demand course that will help you conquer the Common Application essay with confidence! Developed at Harvard University, this course will take you on a journey as you reflect on your story in YOUR own voice. With the guidance of our expert Advisors and dozens of prompts, videos, and resources, you'll walk away with a complete, authentic Personal Statement that you'll be proud to submit.
This online, on-demand course includes:
- Access to over a dozen how-to videos and 11+ resources such as “Remedies for Writer’s Block”, “The FULL College Essay Checklist”, “How to Capture an Experience – Lights, Camera, Action”, and more
- Weekly office hours with our team of experts
- Full insight into what college admissions officers are looking for
- Multiple exemplar college essay samples that got students into the colleges of their dreams
- Tips on common pitfalls and cliches to avoid in college essays
- Tools and prompts to discover an essay topic that is perfectly you
- Deep self-reflection exercises to unearth a strong essay with a clear story sequence
- A supportive community of peers and advisors to help guide you through the process
- *BONUS: Digital Parent Resource Guide to Help Your Teen Achieve Admissions Success
Visit our website to begin exploring your story!
We look forward to writing with you!