- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Rock Climbing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
White Mountain Climbing Camp focuses on the fundamentals of rock climbing. First, we cover the basics, and then we embark on adventures at large cliffs throughout the region. Ultimately, students experience the freedom and pleasure of climbing rock in beautiful places.
A typical week at White Mountain Climbing Camp might include: climbing routes with varying levels of challenge at local cliffs, such as Cannon, Cathedral or Whitehorse; learning the basics of gear placement and anchor building; climbing legendary multi-pitch routes, like the Whitney Gilman on Cannon Cliff or Thin Air on Cathedral; learning to sport climb at the famous Rumney rock climbing area; gaining a thorough understanding of what practices make climbing safe and unsafe.