This is the perfect program for teens who want to learn about and help with conservation efforts! You will travel to both the Caribbean and Pacific coasts of Costa Rica while working with like-minded peers in an effort to protect the country’s sea turtle population.
Healthy oceans need sea turtles to help maintain their complex ecosystems. Every day will be different as you help with various sea turtle conservation tasks such as scientific research, egg incubation and mangrove preservation. Afternoons and evenings will be just as hands-on and unique with harbor patrol, hatchling rescue and collecting and re-burying sea turtle eggs. There is so much to be done as you help to protect this endangered species. Outside your volunteering time, you will experience amazing adventures from whitewater rafting to a sunset catamaran snorkel cruise. Your volunteer program in Costa Rica will be forever memorable and impactful!
- Support sea turtle conservation efforts, including nesting, data collection, and protection.
- Work at a hatchery aiding with egg incubation, measuring, and releasing hatchlings.
- Volunteer at an animal sanctuary, home to sloths, ocelots, macaws, toucans, crocodiles and much more.
- Snorkel and discover ocean wildlife on a sunset catamaran cruise.
- Enjoy a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure.
- Learn to surf with professional instructors.
- Enjoy the refreshing waters of the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean.
- Learn how to salsa at a Latin dance class.