Experience this pre-college program for high school students on the campus of UCLA and get a sneak peek at college life! Explore your interests with a wide selection of enriching and engaging courses, and discover the best sights and activities in Los Angeles with your new friends. This high school summer program balances academic preparation, fun group excursions, and structured independence to help prepare teens for college and make new, lasting connections...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Travel to Costa Rica this summer for an unforgettable teen community service program, where you’ll volunteer alongside our long-standing service partners and support a variety of impactful projects. As part of the service-learning framework, our staff provide guidance and reflection on the impact of the work we do throughout the program. When not volunteering, you’ll be on amazing adventures like learning to surf, rappelling down a waterfall and zip-lining over the rainforest!
- Work on a community project like helping to build homes.
- Learn to surf with professional instructors.
- Enjoy a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure.
- Participate in a local beautification project.
- Zip-line over the canopy in Rincon de la Vieja National Park.
- Learn how to salsa at a Latin dance class.
- Cover yourself in mud at soothing mud baths.
- Enjoy the refreshing waters of Tamarindo beach.
Cost and Session Information
10-day Program | $3,499 | Dates: June 20 - June 29, June 27 - July 6, July 20 - July 29
21-day Program | $6,299 | Dates: June 29 - July 19, July 1 - July 21
28-day Program | $7,899 | Dates: July 1 - July 28