- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Agriculture, Leadership, Work Experience, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Dig your hands into the dirt to help farmers and ranchers provide food and sustenance to their communities. Come together and delve into matters of sustainability and conservation. Experience the grandeur and culture of the West, adventure in Yellowstone, and reflect on all that is important in our lives.
Welcome to VISIONS of the 2020s. We look forward to boldly stepping into this new decade and future ever-mindful of our youth inheriting a planet that desperately needs our attention. Now, we also prepare to fully embrace sustainability efforts and living in harmony with the natural world—and with each other.
Middle school students and leaders will collaborate with Montana’s farmers and ranchers who work tirelessly to provide food and sustenance to their communities. We will work with these tenacious folks to grow and harvest food, care for livestock, turn compost piles, perhaps build sheds or barns, and also gain an understanding of what it takes to be a tenant of the land in a sustainable way. We will also have time for trail maintenance and forest service projects.