- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Engineering
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
At 6 Points Sci-Tech Academy West, scientific inquiry meets fun! Campers entering grades 5-10 spend 12 days exploring robotics, video game design, environmental science, digital media, and a host of other fun activities in a friendly setting with campers who share similar interests.
Throughout their experience, campers explore what Judaism means to them—and how this complements their interests in science and technology. Our five core values shape our community: Heritage, Curiosity, Innovation, Radical Acceptance and Patience & Perseverance. Campers gain an understanding of their place in the long history of the Jewish people’s contributions to science and technology, and build a strong connection to Israel as an incubator of innovation. 6 Points Sci-Tech Academy West is the Reform Jewish camp that curious minds have been waiting for.
Located just outside of Los Angeles on the campus of Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, 6 Points Sci-Tech Academy West offers all of the advantages of a top-quality educational facility along with access to the best and brightest minds in the Jewish science and technology community.
6 Points Sci-Tech Academy West fosters young people’s curiosity in the context of Jewish values and community. Here, campers co-create every aspect of their experience, including:
- Choosing a learning track that matches their interests
- Developing projects that ignite their imagination
- Creating the Shabbat experience in community with other campers and staff
- Learning the skills of inquiry that science and technology requires
- Discovering how Jewish values align with modern science and technology