- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
We have a summer in Storrs for you!
UConn's Pre-College Summer Animation Studio course provides high school students with or without previous experience the opportunity to explore the world of amination at a nationally ranked public university campus.
During this three-week session, students will gain an understanding of the “tricks of the trade,” storyboard development and character development. The class will also dig into contemporary topics such as collaborative storytelling and navigating multiple animation techniques within a single production. This will offer insight to the process used by professional studio animators.
The goal of this course is to empower students to make animations and then transfer that skill set to make their own animations own using limited materials and technology. Students learn how to make animations on their smart phones using different applications. This content can easily translate to portfolio materials for college applications. This is a great class for students who are curious about studying art, illustration or animation at the college level. No previous animation experience is required!
This class is meant to be immersive and students will experience:
- Learn fundamentals of animation
- Learn storyboard and character development
- Experience "world building"
- Create material for college application portfolio
- Feel what it is like to take a college art class
- Develop the ability to create animations with limited materials and technology