- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Psychology, Neuroscience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
We have a summer in Storrs for you!
UConn's Pre-College Summer Pre-Psych: Psychology and Neuroscience course provides high school students the opportunity to dive into the interworkings of their own minds at a nationally ranked public university campus.
Seeing is believing – not! Brain and behavior: Mind or Machine?
Ever get a feeling of Déjà vu? What happens when we confront something new? how do we tell if we’ve seen something before? In this 3-week introduction to the field of Behavioral Neuroscience, I will show you that what we think we see, hear and remember can have little to do with the physical reality. I will guide you through fascinating human and animal research including responses of individual brain cells to changes in the world around us.
Students will be exposed to lively discussion, video clips, in-class activities, and a chance to analyze data, in order to come away with a better understanding of how our brains process information about the world.
Excellent for students interested in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, and Medicine.
This class is meant to be immersive and students will experience:
- Discover that what we think we see, hear and remember can have little to do with the physical reality.
- Lively discussion, video clips, in-(remote)class activities
- Get a chance to analyze real data