Interested in learning more about the arts, but not quite sure where to start? At Tufts, we have options so you can foster creative exploration regardless of where you are in your artistic journey. Our one-week Graphic Design Bootcamp is perfect for students interested marketing, communications, photo editing, or the graphic arts umbrella, while our two-week SMFA Studio Art Intensive is geared towards echnical skills such as drawing, painting, sculpture, and digital media...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, STEM, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Coding, Cybersecurity
- Selective: No
- Application Deadline: 05/01
- Call: (617) 627-2926
Are you in learning about STEM, but don’t know where to start? At Tufts Pre-College Programs, we have options! From our two-week intensives covering specific topics, to our six-week programs and courses, you'll gain exposure to STEM and continue to pursue your interests.
Our 2-Week Intensives focus on specific areas of interest, and provide students with interactive opportunities to explore different topics.
- Coding 101: Students of all skill levels will learn (or expand their knowledge of) coding language Python, attend exciting virtual speaker series, and apply what they’ve learned as they focus on designing, creating, and pitching their own app.
- Engineering Design Lab: Students will attend daily, virtual instructional make-a-long sessions covering higher level engineering concepts such as Internet of Things (IoT) and image processing with a send-home Maker Kit. Students will hear from guest speakers from the School of Engineering, and work in small, collaborative teams to complete projects with iterative design components and rapid prototyping.
- Engineering Investigations: Students will be engaged in learning methods and approaches for engineering design, exploring engineering ethics and its intersections with ethics and social justice, and applying these ideas through hands-on projects and exciting guest presentations.
- Lab Sciences Investigations: Students will receive a head start on basic lab skills in preparation for higher level research programs and/or undergraduate level lab courses. Additionally, the Lab Sciences Investigations would orient students to science-related careers, and expose students to all different levels of involvement in the world of cutting-edge scientific research!
- Mini-Med School: Students are given the opportunity to work closely with medical students as they explore crucial facets of the medical school experience at one of the nation's leading medical schools - Tufts University School of Medicine, through lectures and medical case studies coupled with a hands-on lab.
Tufts Pre-College Programs also offers longer, 6-week courses and programs that explore various STEM subjects.
- Tufts Summer Research Experience: Students work virtually with Tufts research faculty and graduate students, contributing to the cutting-edge research being done at Tufts labs, ranging subject areas from the hard sciences like chemistry, to social sciences like anthropology and psychology, and to engineering labs focused on engineering education and research.
- Tufts College Experience: Students in this flagship program will enroll in two for-credit courses out of the 60+ virtual courses available to high school students in more than 20 different academic departments, such as Biology and Chemistry. TCE students may also enroll for free in our workshops designed to help prepare them for college applications: our SAT Prep Workshop and Admission Essay Writing workshop.
- Courses at Tufts for High Schoolers: Like our Tufts College Experience, students in CATHS can enroll in one of more than 150 courses to high school students this summer across the two sessions, most of which are Tufts undergraduate courses taught by Tufts faculty and staff.
- Hallmark Courses: These are our Pre-College owned college level-courses, specifically designed for and offered to high school students, open to both Tufts College Experience and Courses at Tufts for High Schoolers students.
- Health Science Honors: Health Science Honors students will attend virtual weekly physiology and anatomy lectures/labs and learn about the human body as well as its functions, along with completing virtual case studies to learn about the philosophy and practice of medicine.
- Bioinformatics through Sequencing: Students will participate in a genuine research-based activity in the field of bioinformatics and will learn important molecular biology and genetics laboratory techniques.