- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Sailing, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Treasure Island Sailing Center's Science and Sailing program is an excellent opportunity for young sailors to refine their skills and learn more about hte science behind how a sailboat works.
During this three week project, students will collaborate and improve their own techniques. They will also perform science experiments and learn about the San Francisco Bay and the pollution issues. They'll be challenged to use scientific processes to understand the different parts of the cove and even learn the physics behind how a sailboat works. They can also expect to sail to select destinations and collect water samples requested by scientists in the Bay Area. This program truly provides a safe, fun, and engaging environments for students of all backgrounds to come together and learn about the topics of sailing and science.