Champlain College offers residential pre-college summer programs for high school students and virtual programs for middle school students. Taught by our industry-expert faculty, these intensive programs offer motivated students the opportunity to explore an area of interest or take a deeper dive into a subject they already love...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Game Design
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Get a jump start on your career in game development at The Champlain Game Academy. This two-week program introduces high school students to all aspects of game development--including game design, game art and animation, programming, sound, testing and production.
Taking game ideas from concept to execution is a team effort, which is why real game industry studios revolve around collaboration. The Champlain Game Academy immerses you in a workplace setting that replicates what you'll experience as a professional game developer. Under the direction of professors The Champlain Game Academy will introduce you to all aspects of game development, including game design, game art and animation, programming, sound, testing and production.
The curriculum is modeled on the collaborative approach of The Game Studio cohort at Champlain College. Students will have the opportunity to focus on their areas of special interest, and with the instruction of industry professionals will finish the Academy by co- creating a finished portion of a game.
Cost and Session Information
There are different levels depending on your interests and ability:
- Level 1: Session 1 (July 11 to 22) and Session 2 (July 25 to August 5)
- Level 2: Session 2 (July 26 to August 6)
- Introduction to Game Development, for 7th to 9th graders: Session 1 (June 27 - July 1, 2022)
- Introduction to Game Development, for 7th to 9th graders: Session 2 (Aug 8 - Aug 12, 2022)