- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Months, Quarter, Other
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Counselors in Training, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
A 4-week overnight wilderness camp for girls and boys, ages 7-14, on Upper Chateaugay Lake in New York’s Adirondack Mountains.
We offer a progressive program of traditional campcraft, community building, leadership training, and lifelong friendships. The children develop skills in outdoor living, swimming, boating, and backpacking. Campers may also choose from many additional activities ranging from natural crafts to kayaking to archery to rock climbing. There is also time to pursue long-term projects such as canoe paddle making for the older campers.
Throughout the summer, our activities take advantage of the beautiful lakeside setting, the resources of our forest, and the talents of our staff. Our program is a progressive and flexible one, building on skills and crafted daily to respond to the weather and needs and interests of the group.
At camp we live in close contact with the natural world. Nesting bald eagles, loons, mink, great horned owls, chipmunks, and many other animals are an intimate part of our daily program.