For more than 60 years, Syracuse University has been providing exceptional and transformative pre-college experiences to high school students from around the world. Summer College has 25+ STEM courses in 2022 online or on campus! ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Affiliation: Phillips Andover Summer Opportunity Fair 2022
- Career Clusters: Architecture and Construction, Business Management and Administration, Finance, Government and Public Administration, Health Science, Human Services, Information Technology
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (315) 443-5000
For more than 60 years, Syracuse University Office of Pre-College Programs has been providing high school students with the opportunity to explore potential college majors and careers in its renowned pre-college programs. Students not only learn what it’s like to be a college student, they leave the program feeling confident, enthusiastic and ready for college. After successfully completing a course, you will earn a Certificate of Completion from Syracuse University.
Summer College - On Campus
At Summer College – On Campus, students navigate daily life much like a college student – they take a college-level course, live in a residence hall, have meals with friends in a dining hall, and participate in social activities and events on the Syracuse University campus. Students build meaningful connections with instructors and classmates in a collaborative environment. All classes are held in Syracuse University facilities. The average instructor to student ratio is 9:1, which allows students to have more individualized attention, guidance, and a more personalized experience. In the classroom, you can typically look forward to lectures, readings, hands-on activities, guest speakers, and field trips. And outside of class, you’ll be able to participate in exciting events and activities from ice skating and field trips to trivia and game nights!
Summer College - Online:
As a Summer College – Online student, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore potential majors and pursue academic interests from the comfort of home – or from anywhere life takes them. You’ll participate in high-level instruction, have access to virtual campus offerings, and are welcomed into an engaging and supportive online community. Summer College - Online courses include daily live synchronous classes where you can learn and interact with your pre-college peers, professors, and teaching assistants (TAs) or instructional assistants (IAs) in addition to asynchronous work, which may include pre-recorded lectures and other videos, readings, and individual and group projects. Outside of class, you’ll find virtual activities which give you the opportunity to meet other students, learn new things, relax and have fun!
Summer College - Hybrid:
At Summer College – Hybrid, students can expand their knowledge in a 6-week hybrid course. You’ll live on the Syracuse University campus for two-weeks and then complete the final four weeks of your course online from the comfort of your own home – or wherever life takes you! The benefits of Summer College – On Campus and Summer College – Online are combined to provide you with an intensive and engaging hybrid experience.
After successfully completing a course, you will earn a Certificate of Completion from Syracuse University and will have the option to purchase a credit or noncredit transcript.
Cost and Session Information
The cost for credit and noncredit courses vary. Please refer to the course’s individual description page for the cost. Scholarships and discounts are available.
2022 Summer College - On Campus Dates
- 2-week Session I: Sunday, July 3 – Friday, July 15, 2022
- 2-week Session II: Sunday, July 17 – Friday, July 29, 2022
- 2-week Session III: Sunday, July 31 – Friday, August 12, 2022
- 6-week Session: Sunday, July 3 – Friday, August 12, 2022
2022 Summer College - Online Dates
- 3-week Session I: July 5 – July 21, 2022
- 3-week Session II: July 25 – August 11, 2022
- 6-week Session: July 5 – August 11, 2022
2022 Summer College - Hybrid Dates
- On Campus: July 3 - July 15, 2022
- Online: July 16 - August 11, 2022