- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica, United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Credit Awarded: No
Sustainable Summer offers three programs that prepare teens to become environmental leaders: Pre-college Leadership Academies at Dartmouth College (Hanover, NH) and the Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY) and Global Learning Expeditions in Costa Rica.
We are cultivating the next generation of environmental leaders though transformative summer experiences. Visit our website for program dates, scholarship information, application deadlines, and more.
Sustainable Summer's pre-college Leadership Academies are the ideal campus-based summer program for motivated high school students to engage in serious inquiry on the subject of environmental sustainability.
Sustainable Summer's global Leadership Expeditions are an exciting alternative to a "service learning" or "adventure travel" program for any high school student interested in environmental studies, ecology, sustainability, food and agriculture, organic farming, renewable energy, natural resource management, biodiversity and wildlife conservation, development economics, sustainable development, social justice, and global issues.