Our programs in Medicine combine education and career exploration to deliver a summer pre-college experience unparalleled in the industry. During these experiences, you will take the first steps toward your role as a future leader in medicine while engaging with a diverse group of exceptional high school students. You'll gain marketable, in-demand skills through action-based classroom activities and real-world experiences to jump-start your college career and professional portfolio...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College, Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Business, College Application, Economics, Journalism, Law, Literature, Politics and Diplomacy, Communications, Religious Studies, Social Justice, STEM, Writing, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Mathematics, History, Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Homelessness and Hunger, Youth Outreach, Coding, Arts, Career Exploration, Literacy, Environmental Science, Neuroscience, Anthropology, Art History, LGBTQ, Humanities, Study Skills
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Ready for a first-rate summer experience at America’s first university? Penn offers an authentic Ivy League experience in the heart of Philadelphia for academically gifted high school students. Penn flourishes in and is enriched by a vibrant urban ecosystem steeped in history and brimming with arts, culture, and innovation. Explore America’s history in Philly’s urban setting and feel the pulse of arts, culture, and innovation.
Commonly known as Penn, The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school located in historic Philadelphia. Apply today and spend your summer surrounded by history such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and American Revolutionary sites.
Penn delivers the challenge of an Ivy League curriculum to academically talented high school students seeking a pre-collegiate experience. Explore Penn's historic campus, engage with leading faculty, and build intellectual connections within accelerated two-, three-, or six-week Penn Summer High School Programs. Join us on campus in Philly this summer!
Cost and Session Information
Our UPenn Summer High School Program ranges in cost from $5,700 to $21,115. Please see the options below for these programs:
Penn Pre-College Program:
- 6 Weeks (June 28, 2022 - August 6, 2022)
- Residential and Online Options Available
- Open to current 10th and 11th grade students
- Credit offered
Penn Summer Academies:
- 3 Weeks (July 10, 2022 - July 30, 2022)
- Residential Options Available (American Sign Language and Deaf Culture Academy is only online offering)
- Open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders
- Non-credit option
Penn Summer Prep:
- 2 Weeks: Session A (July 4, 2022 - July 16, 2022) or Session B (July 18, 2022 - July 30, 2022)
- Residential Option
- Currently open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders
- Non-credit option
For specific information on courses offered, tuition, and other academic offerings, please visit our website.
Residential tuition includes: Term fees, academic programs, laundry, use of facilities, housing, 2 meals daily while on campus (2 on Sunday, none on Saturday), recreation pass (for students ages 15 and above), activities and trips.
Not included: Application fee, airfare, airport transfers (available for $85 each way), class materials, course supplements, meals eaten off campus, medical expenses, linens, blanket and pillow, souvenirs, and personal spending money.
Commuter tuition includes: Commuter students join the program Monday-Friday for classes only. They do not attend evening or weekend activities and excursions and no overnight stays are permitted.