- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Rowing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The St. Albans Rowing Camp offers interested athletes a chance to explore the world of competitive crew. Campers will learn about the basics of the equipment, safety rules and get a chance to row on the Potomac River in St. Albans racing shells.
The St. Albans Rowing Camp is designed so that students learn the fundamentals of the sport and then get a chance to do some informal racing.
- Date: June
- Gender: Boys and Girls
- Age: 11-15 years old
- Options: Seven One-Week Sessions (M-F)
- All-day: 9 AM - 3:30 PM
- Half-day: 9 a.m. - Noon or 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Facilities: All rowing campers should report to the Grant Meadow located at 35th and Garfield Streets, NW. Campers will then be transported to the Thompson Boat Center located at 2900 Virginia Avenue, N.W.
Director: Ted Haley just finished his twenty first season as the head coach of the St. Albans crew. Coach Haley has been named as the Washington Post All-Metropolitan Coach of the Year in 1997, 2007, 2010, and 2011. He is a Level III certified coach through USRowing. The St. Albans crews are consistently at the top of the Washington, DC rowing scene and often competitive at the national level.