- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (848) 445-0429
The Student Learning and Achievement Aerospace and Mechanical (SLAAM) Engineering Summer Academy at Rutgers University is a non-residential summer program for academically talented and motivated high school students.
SLAAM provides opportunities for students to pursue their intellectual curiosity and meet others who share their engineering interests and abilities. SLAAM is a selective program for high-achieving high school students who wish to engage in science and engineering research at Rutgers’. SLAAM focuses on research within the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department. SLAAM fellows participate in supervised research and learning experiences that are developed and taught by Rutgers Engineering faculty and graduate student mentors.
- Session I (June 26 - July 7), daily 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Session II (July 10 - July 21), daily 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Session III (July 24 - August 4), daily 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
What do you need to apply?
- 2 letters of recommendation: 1 from a Math teacher and 1 from a Science Teacher
- Transcript or Report Card from School
- 2 Essays