Quinnipiac’s summer programs & camps are designed to provide more than just the chance to explore your interests, but a means to expand your skills and accomplishments using project based experiential learning. Programs operate on all 3 of our campuses, across 600 acres in Hamden and North Haven, Connecticut, as well as in the convenience of your own home through interactive online education platform. ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Enrichment
- Sub-Categories: Communications, Podcasting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (203) 582-7558
In just 2 weeks you will learn how to use podcasting to share your unique voice with the world. Experienced instructors will guide you in collaborative and individual hands-on projects to build skills and knowledge, culminating in the development, recording, editing, and publishing of your very own first episode to your own podcast series. Open to high school students.
If you love podcasts, you’re not alone. Around the world, there are over 1 million podcasts available online via any digital listening device. In this online program, led by former alternate host of the WNPR flagship shows “Morning Edition” and “All Things Considered” David DesRoches, and co-designed by Quinnipiac’s own 10-year veteran professor of Communications Ben Bogardus, you’ll learn the production fundamentals necessary to bring your own podcast idea to life.
Through a series of collaborative and individual hands-on projects, you will learn how to use the podcasting medium to tell a compelling story. Under the guidance of our experienced faculty, you’ll use the tools you’ve learned to explore and develop your own news-based podcast based on a topic you find most interesting.
At the end of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A true published podcast on a subject of your choosing
- A portfolio of organized, professional work you can be proud to show fellow podcasters and college admissions counselors
- A certificate of completion with a QU professor written review and assessment