- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance, Music, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
This summer, immerse yourself in the fine arts with Ohio University’s Summer Arts Programs — intensive, hands-on explorations in the Schools of Art + Design, Music, Dance, Film, and Theater. Develop your personal voice while creating and performing college-level artworks in our professional studio facilities.
Summer Studios are intensive experiences in creative practice. Work with faculty in courses to create portfolio-quality work, earn credit, and develop your artistic voice. Programs for middle school ages will also help to learn to develop and realize their ideas, making unique works in a variety of media.
Courses have varied schedules and technological requirements. Please see individual course descriptions on our website for details. Financial assistance is available for all programs and the application is included in the course registration form.?
Our art classes vary every year, but can include:
- Painting/Printing making
- Typography and Letterpressing
- Digital Art
- Metal and Fabric
Our dance classes can also vary, but you can expect the opportunity to experience a summer with the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company. Additionally, film, musical theater, acting lab, and indepth training with your musical instrument of choice can all be expected during our summer session! To find out more about the specifics and dates, as well as costs and how to sign up, check out our website!