- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: May, June, August, September, October
- Session Length: One Week, Other
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Learn to travel responsibly and sustainably in wild places. Within the rich ecosystems of our public lands, you will learn and teach the principles of Leave No Trace and discuss wildland ethics. Find out more!
Your course will begin in an indoor classroom where you will learn and discuss the history of the Leave No Trace program, receive an introduction to Leave No Trace principles, and make final preparations for backcountry travel. Throughout the remaining days of the course, you will put your new skills into practice on a multi-day, backpacking expedition in a stunning and remote area of the park.
Leave No Trace courses are conducted in a variety of settings. NOLS has unique access to state and national parks for these courses, from the Grand Canyon to Yellowstone, giving students the opportunity to practice Leave No Trace skills in stunning environments. In addition to hands-on practical application of skills, every student will hone their teaching style by presenting a 15- to 20-minute class on a Leave No Trace topic of their choice. Graduates of Leave No Trace Master Educator courses will have the skills to teach others about Leave No Trace. College credit is available for most NOLS Leave No Trace Master Educator courses.
For more information on Leave No Trace courses, credit or to host a course please email firstname.lastname@example.org.