- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Miwok Livery Summer Camps run weekly. Children learn to take care of horses, groom, saddle and bridle, with riding lessons in the ring and fun horsey games and activities. Lessons are on English saddles, as the close contact gives the rider a good feel of the horse and a well balanced seat.
All Day Camp - Ages 8 & Up
CAMP HOURS: 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Kids ages 8 & up are given challenges and activities appropriate to their levels, grouped by experience and carefully matched with a suitable horse for their riding lessons.
Riders gain a firm foundation in equestrian skills, learning more about horses and themselves as they advance. Games and puzzles, videos, demonstrations and other activities add to the fun. For many, the enjoyment of horses will last a lifetime.