Be loved + accepted for who you are Welcome to a community where there’s no performance, no backlash + no negativity – you just get to be YOU. Come explore, express yourself, and learn tools to compassionately guide yourself through difficult situations in your life...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Category: Mental Health & Well-Being
- Sub-Categories: Health and Well Being, Meditation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: No
Be loved + accepted for who you are
Welcome to a community where there's no performance, no backlash + no negativity – you just get to be YOU. Come explore, express yourself, and learn tools to compassionately guide yourself through difficult situations in your life.
What will I learn?
Handle stress + anxiety - Learn how to calm yourself down and relax when you're in high-stress situations. Gain tools that you can apply to school, sleep, relationships + life in general!
Find self-love - Stop trying to "fit in" and get comfortable in your own skin. This is a safe space where people love being themselves and want to support you!
Navigate difficult emotions - Learn how to unpack and unravel difficult emotions. Be kinder to yourself + understand how your mind works. Gain tools to get yourself unstuck when you feel overwhelmed.
What happens on retreat?
- Meditation - Learn mindfulness practices such as breath + body awareness + mindful walking. Beginners welcome!
- Workshops - Explore activities like painting, improv, and writing poetry. Pick + choose what interests you, or lead a workshop yourself!
- Dance Party - Dance + get weird without worrying about what other people think of you at our online dance party.
- Small Groups - Laugh, get vulnerable and play games like "sweet seat" to connect more deeply with a small group of teens. Wisdom Talks - Cuddle up with a blanket! Listen to talks about relationships, emotions + applying mindfulness to daily life.
- Yoga - Move + release through guided daily yoga practice.
Cost and Session Information
Tuition is 1% of annual family income, up to $2,500. We offer this sliding scale approach to retreat tuition in order to accommodate a wide range of family incomes. iBme retreats feature a low ratio of adult staff per participant, providing high-quality care, expertise, instruction, and mentoring (this is our secret sauce!) Please note: A nonrefundable application fee of $35 is required and applied toward your tuition.