- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
With a focus on developing the potential of kids, the Los Cerritos YMCA Day Camp Program ensures your child will have a safe environment to play, learn, and grow when school is out.
At the Los Cerritos YMCA Day Camp Program, our activities, which range from leadership development to sports and the arts, give your child the opportunity to become a confident kid today and a healthier, happier grown-up tomorrow.
All teen campers will be divided into sub camp groups depending on age:
- Explorer Camp Age Group:
- Ratio: 1 staff to 8 children (6-8 years) 1 staff to 10 children (9-14 years)
- Adventure Camp Age Group:
- Ratio: 1 staff to 10 children (9-14 years)
YMCA COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT) Age Group: 15 years -17 years. All individuals must fill out an application and an interview is conducted with the Program Director or Camp Director. All CITs will work one on one with a camp counselor and group of campers.