- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Entrepreneurship
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
Kid Entrepreneur Academy (KEA) is a day camp designed for middle school students (grades 5 to 8) to develop the business skills that make them smart, savvy and successful in all areas of life. Students have FUN learning skills and practical knowledge to facilitate a business journey. They get to participate in a business plan competition.
It's never too early to teach kids about business and positive values. Positive and productive kids become positive and productive adults. The Kid Entrepreneur Academy is committed to developing the leaders of tomorrow.
KEA's one-week long interactive camp is conducted by the Business School at Concordia University Irvine. Kids are naturally creative, have amazing ideas, and are born risk-takers. These are all positive traits for creating successful businesses.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Principles of entrepreneurship and free-enterprise
- Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- How a business operates and makes money
- Introduction to financial principles
- Creating a profitable and sustainable business model
- Preparing a business budget
- Keeping business records and reports
- Investing, interest, and stocks
- Steps to starting your own business
- How to market and sell your product or service
- Write your own business start-up plan
- Present your PowerPoint business plan to business leaders in the KEA Business Plan Competition and win money.
To find out more on how to sign up, session dates, and costs, check out our website!