Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture for 4 weeks this July and learn how to make a sustainable impact within a community.
Upcoming program dates:
Winter 2023: Jan. 2 – Jan. 30
Spring 2023: Apr. 19 – May 17
Summer 2023: Jul. 5 – Aug. 2
Spring 2024: Jan. 1 – Jan. 30
Summer 2024: Jul. 5 – Aug. 2
Though small in size and population, this Central American nation holds great significance on the global stage. About 5% of the world’s biodiversity resides in Costa Rica, making it a critical site for conservation efforts.
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and learn about the social, economic and historical context around its structural issues.
- Collaborate with an after school program, assist with sea turtle conservation and coastal management, and promote sustainable community development in partnership with local NGOs.
- Learn about positive leadership, design your own life plan, and receive a certificate from the University for Peace.
- Explore the Santa Elena Cloud Forest—a rainforest canopy teeming with rare tropical flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth.
- Elect to earn three semester hours of credit through our educational partnership with Southern New Hampshire University.
Flights & Local Transfers: Round-trip flights & local transportation during group excursions
Room & Board: Your accommodations & some meals on the trip
Personal Development Programs: Workshops & activities designed to help you discover your strengths and goals
Activities & Excursions: Guided group activities such as walking tours, museum visits, & some trips to nearby areas
EF Global Support Network: 1:1 mentorship & 24/7 support before & during the program