- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: February, July, October
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Career Clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture for 4 weeks this July and learn how to make a sustainable impact within a community.
Upcoming program dates:
Spring 2024: February 28–March 27, 2024
Summer 2024: July 5–August 2, 2024
Fall 2024: October 16–November 13, 2024
Though small in size and population, this Central American nation holds great significance on the global stage. About 5% of the world’s biodiversity resides in Costa Rica, making it a critical site for conservation efforts.
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and learn about the social, economic and historical context around its structural issues.
- Collaborate with an after school program, assist with sea turtle conservation and coastal management, and promote sustainable community development in partnership with local NGOs.
- Learn about positive leadership, design your own life plan, and receive a certificate from the University for Peace.
- Explore the Santa Elena Cloud Forest—a rainforest canopy teeming with rare tropical flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth.
- Elect to earn three semester hours of credit through our educational partnership with Southern New Hampshire University.