We have collaborated with the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) to provide high school students with an unparalleled financial educational experience in New York City. Learn the ins and outs of the financial sector and be inspired by industry professionals through engaging sessions and collaborative projects, all while surrounded by the excitement of New York City! You’ll leave NY with lifelong friendships, memories, and practical knowledge of the careers available in finance...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Ecuador
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, Internships, Career Exploration, Nursing, Pharmacy
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
Learn what it takes to run a mobile clinic in the Andean Highlands of Ecuador on this medical Career Experience program for high school students. Under the guidance of MEDLIFE doctors and other medical professionals, you will help provide free healthcare to indigenous locals. Teens will walk away not only with hands-on medical support experience but also with a greater understanding of the complexities of public health and a greater appreciation for cultures not like their own.
- Help set up and run a medical mobile clinic.
- Rotate work stations (medical, public health, pharmacy, etc.).
- Learn about the health challenges facing rural communities.
- Canopy zip-line in the Mindo Cloud Forest.
- Tour Quito, Ecuador’s capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take part in a MEDLIFE development project.
- River tube the Mindo River.
- Visit Mitad del Mondo - Center of the World.
- MEDLIFE Mobile Clinics
- MEDLIFE Community Development Project