- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media, STEM, Computer Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Credit Awarded: No
Since 2009, Digital Media Academy has been offering educational summer camps for kids and teens at the University of Chicago. Each year, hundreds of students attend our tech programs and learn a variety of skills, from producing their own music and building Arduino robots, to coding an app or making their own short films. Our classrooms come equipped with all the tools students need to create and develop the STEM skills they need to excel.
DMA instructors are some of the most accomplished that Chicago has to offer and come back each year excited to teach and guide students through hands-on projects. Our tech courses are designed with 21st-century skills in mind – with a focus on teaching creativity, collaboration, and communication. Students will learn to work with their peers while exploring different approaches to problem-solving. Whether you are looking to explore your interests or make new friends, the University of Chicago is the perfect place to learn.