- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
The Art Trek is perfect for adventurous artists who want to explore the outdoors!
During this program, artists will learn about native arts, forms of music, leather working, jewelry making, and much more! They will learn directly from experts from the Cottonwood Gulch Basecamp as well as well know New Mexico artists. Students will see how the Southwest culture and environment influences its art and artists. There will also be lessons focusing on storytelling, metal smithing, weaving, pottery, and drawing. Though this program is very focused on art, it is incredibly beginner friendly and accepting of intrepid artists of all levels. Out of the three weeks, artists will spend two weeks visiting local artists in New Mexico and one week at the Basecamp.