- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (614) 224-9101
Are you a 10th-12th grader ready to experience life as a college student at one of the oldest private, nonprofit art and design schools in America while also earning three college credits? Columbus College of Art & Design's College Preview program is the perfect opportunity to learn, create, and thrive on our beautiful campus located in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
Over the course of three weeks (July 10-30, 2022), you will experience college-level instruction in your desired major in the morning, alongside closely mentored professional development, collaborative workshops, and electives taught by Columbus artists and CCAD faculty and staff in the afternoon.
Inspired by what lies beyond Earth’s atmosphere, College Preview: Zenith traces the history of art, science, and space. From 13th-century Islamic celestial globes to the NASA Art Program, we have long used art and design as a pathway to understanding the heavens above.
Choose from one of the following major areas of study:
- Advertising & Graphic Design
- Comics & Narrative Practice
- Fashion Design
- Fine Arts
- Game Art & Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture & Design
- Film & Video
By living on campus and taking chaperoned trips to places like the Scioto Mile, Otherworld, and the Short North Arts District you'll see firsthand why Columbus has become a thriving arts destination. Ready to show off your best work? Students have the opportunity to participate in a public-facing exhibition.
Cost and Session Information
Program cost, scholarships & deadline
The program fee of $3,450 covers three college credits, three weeks of on-campus residence, all meals, all required supplies, mentored portfolio development, and one-on-one admissions counseling. CCAD offers merit- and need-based scholarships to help students finance their College Preview experience. Apply for a scholarship by May 2. Register by June 1.
Program dates & deadlines
- Dec. 3: Registration opens
- Feb. 15: Early bird registration deadline (save $250)
- May 2: Scholarship application deadline
- May 9: Scholarship decisions received
- June 1: Registration due
- June 10: Tuition balance due
- July 10: Move-in and mandatory orientation
- July 30: Commencement, exhibition, and move-out